The VHEC is engaged in a major Renewal Project that will significantly improve visitor experience and access to our collections.
The VHEC Renewal Project will cause some interruption of activities at the Centre beginning in July 2017.
While there will be no exhibition and no class visits to the Centre during the summer and fall months, most aspects of the Centre’s important work will continue uninterrupted.
Further details about the Renewal Project here.
- Symposia programs and Outreach Speakers will be scheduled as usual
- Classroom workshops will be offered to schools in the fall, with details forthcoming
- Educational resources, including teacher's guides, discovery kits and classroom book sets, will continue to be available
- Commemorative programs, including the High Holidays Cemetery Service and the Kristallnacht Commemorative Lecture, will proceed
- Donations to the archives will continue to be accepted by appointment only
- The library will be closed during the Renewal Project period and outstanding loans are requested to be returned
- Tribute cards will continue to be sent to mark special occasions and condolences
This project is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Jewish Community Foundation.
Please check back here, at the VHEC website, for ongoing updates on the Renewal Project, as well as any news affecting programs or meetings, or contact email@example.com or call 604.264.0499 with any questions.