Plan a Visit to the Museum
Both In Focus: The Holocaust through the VHEC Collection and its companion exhibition, Age of Influence: Youth & Nazi Propaganda, are open to visitors.
Please check this page for updates.
- The library is open for browsing and library materials can be borrowed by VHEC members and BC teachers. For assistance locating library materials, please book an appointment with the librarian (email@example.com).
- Classroom book sets and discovery kits are available for borrowing by BC teachers and educators.
- Reference service is available by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org. Researchers are encouraged to visit the collections catalogue online.
The VHEC is located on the lower level of the Jewish Community Centre and is accessible by a staircase and an elevator.
To ensure the safety of vulnerable visitors, volunteers, and staff, the VHEC recommends that all visitors wear masks. Masks will be provided for those interested in wearing them.
Visitor Code of Conduct
The Vancouver Holocaust Education Centre is committed to providing an environment and services that respect the dignity, self-worth and human rights of every individual and are free from any form of violence, discrimination or harassment. The VHEC will not tolerate any acts of violence, discrimination or harassment perpetrated against or by any employee, contractor, volunteer or member of the public using the VHEC’s services and space.
The VHEC is located near the corner of Oak Street & West 41st Avenue, along the #41 and #43 bus routes. The Centre is a 10–15 minute walk from the Canada Line’s Oakridge–41st Avenue Station. Transit schedules & routes available on Translink’s website. Pay parking is available. The building is wheelchair accessible.
50 – 950 W 41st Ave
V5Z 2N7 Canada
(Lower level of JCC)
Monday – Thursday
9 am – 5 pm
9 am – 3 pm
Saturday and Sunday
HOLIDAYS & CLOSURES
April 6, Passover
April 7, Passover, Good Friday
April 12, Passover
April 13, Passover
May 22, Victoria Day
May 26, Shavuot
June 30, Canada Day
August 7, BC Day
September 4, Labour Day
September 25, Yom Kippur
September 30, National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
October 9, Thanksgiving
November 10, Remembrance Day
December 25, 2023 – January 1, 2024, Winter Break
Are there any age restrictions?
The museum is open to everyone but we suggest age 12 and above.
Is there an admission fee?
Admission is by donation (suggested amount is $5) and free for VHEC members.
Is there anything else we should know?
- Photography is permitted without the use of a flash
- No food and beverages in the exhibition space
- Only service animals are permitted
- For a quiet atmosphere, do not use cell phones