It takes a community of dedicated and talented people to help fulfill the VHEC’s mandate of Holocaust-based anti-racism education. It is with deep appreciation that the VHEC recognizes its valued volunteers who contribute their time and skills to the work of our centre.
Join our active community of volunteers. Current volunteer opportunities include:
- Become a docent – DEADLINE Oct 31
- Become a survivor speaker facilitator – DEADLINE Oct 31
- Become a translator (Yiddish, German, Polish, Russian, Hungarian) – OPEN CALL
- Provide assistance in the library – OPEN CALL
Support our Education Programs
Two volunteer opportunities available:
- Survivor Speaker Facilitator
Please submit applications by October 31, 2022
The VHEC is seeking qualified and enthusiastic individuals to join our dedicated volunteer team that supports our educational programming – volunteers who share a passion for human rights and social justice, through Holocaust-based anti-racism education. Volunteering as a docent or survivor speaker facilitator is a wonderful opportunity to share your dedication to the pursuit of a more just world, supporting programs that aim to empower students and the general public to become upstanders against antisemitism and other forms of racism. Comprehensive training is provided prior to becoming a docent or facilitator.
Docent role & responsibilities
- Lead school and public tours of VHEC exhibitions and facilitate educational workshops
- Act as a facilitator to interpret VHEC exhibits to groups in engaging, relevant, and responsible manner
- Provide a welcoming environment that encourages students to learn, reflect and contribute their stories and ideas
- Foster a welcoming and inclusive environment for all visitors
Survivor speaker facilitator role & responsibilities
- Support Holocaust survivor outreach speakers, online and in-person opportunities
- Facilitate outreach sessions, introducing survivor speakers and moderating Q&A with students
- Provide basic level technical support during virtual sessions, if needed
- Drive survivor speakers to in person sessions, if needed
Volunteer Interest Form
- Complete this form to apply as a volunteer docent, survivor speaker facilitator, translator or library assistant.
- Once you have submitted your form, one of our staff members will contact you to confirm your application.