It takes a community of dedicated and talented people to help fulfill the VHEC’s mandate of Holocaust-based anti-racism education. It is with deep appreciation that the VHEC recognizes its valued volunteers who contribute their time and skills to the work of our centre.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Translation (Yiddish, German, Polish, Russian, Hungarian)
- Library Assistance
- Become a Docent
Become a Docent
Please submit applications by October 31, 2022
The VHEC is seeking qualified and enthusiastic individuals to join our dedicated team of docents – volunteers who share a passion for human rights and social justice, through Holocaust-based anti-racism education. Volunteering as a docent is a wonderful opportunity to share your dedication to the pursuit of a more just world, supporting programs that aim to empower students and the general public to become upstanders against antisemitism and other forms of racism. Comprehensive training is provided prior to becoming a docent.
Docent role & responsibilities
- Lead school and public tours of VHEC exhibitions and facilitate educational workshops
- Act as a facilitator to interpret VHEC exhibits to groups in engaging, relevant, and responsible manner
- Support Holocaust survivor outreach speakers, both in person and virtually
- Provide a welcoming environment that encourages students to learn, reflect and contribute their stories and ideas
- Foster a welcoming and inclusive environment for all visitors
Thank you for your interest.
Before applying, please review the full role description and requirements.
Please complete the form below to submit an application by October 31, 2022.
Volunteer Interest Form
- Complete this form to apply as a volunteer docent, translator or library assistant.
- Once you have submitted your form, one of our staff members will contact you to confirm your application.